DC-CAP Scholarship Award (1st Year Students)
All DC public and public charter high school seniors meeting eligibility criteria and enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university are eligible to apply for the DC-CAP Scholarship Awards, for up to $4,000 per year for up to five year – maximum amount $20,000.
The scholarship is on a first come, first serve basis. This award is NOT guaranteed and is subject to the availability of funds. You must meet all the minimum requirements to be considered for the award. All recipients of the scholarship MUST attend the DC-CAP Pre-College Experience in order to receive funding.
To be eligible to apply for the DC-CAP Scholarship Award, student’s must:
- Be a DC public or public char high school graduate
- Be registered for DC-CAP services
- Participate in DC-CAP programming
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Display leadership skills and community service experience
Submit a scholarship application and supporting documentation no later than May 31
How do you become eligible?
You must be a graduate of a DC public high school or public charter high school within the last five years.
DC-CAP/University Partners Scholarship Program
DC-CAP has established partnerships with the following institutions listed below. As a DC-CAP Scholar, students receive the following benefits:
- Up to a full-tuition scholarship, that covers tuition, fees, room and board costs.
- Renewable scholarship support based on student satisfactory academic progress.
- A campus visit sponsored by DC-CAP during the Spring semester.
- Pre-college programming to prepare you (and your parent or guardian) for the transition from high school to college.
- Extensive programs and services from DC-CAP and the University focused on academic, career, financial aid, and personal advisement & counseling.
- Continued support services provided by a dedicated, on-campus Advisor.
In order to be considered for a scholarship opportunity, you must complete the application (along with supplemental documents) and the university's Admissions application by the specified deadline.